Our Packing Guide is full of top tips to help take the stress out of packing. We have divided the guide up by room for easy reference.
For moving companies Auckland wide ask for Smart Express the Smart Move!
Make sure you talk to us about any packing advice for your next move!
Packing Tips #3 – Lounge
- Pack houseplants in tall boxes to protect foliage.
- Protect your suite with sofa and armchair bags.
- You may want to wrap your best furniture in bubble wrap or furniture blankets, not only to protect it from scratching, but to keep dust and dirt off too. Handywrap can also help to prevent small scratches and dust from damaging your furniture. Make sure to wrap the item well to prevent snags while you are moving.
- If you can take your furniture apart in any way to make it easier to move, make sure you put all nuts, bolts and screws in a self seal bag and secure the bag to the furniture. For moving companies Auckland wide ask for Smart Express the Smart Move!
- Use handywrap to hold drawers shut and wrap exposed legs (on tables and chairs) in bubble wrap or wrapping paper.
- After disassembling lamps, pack the bases in boxes stuffed with packing paper or bubble wrap. Pack lamp shades individually in boxes with plenty of packing paper for stuffing. Don’t use newspaper because the ink smudges. For moving companies Auckland wide ask for Smart Express the Smart Move!
- After vacuuming rugs, roll up, place in a plastic cover and secure with handywrap.
- Tape an X of masking tape across mirrors and paintings framed with glass. Wrap each item in bubble wrap. Small mirrors can be packed in boxes. For a larger mirrors and large picture frames, it is best to use purpose-made picture boxes. Mark GLASS on the outside to prevent mishandling. Always pack and store on end.
- Box TVs and stereos upright and make sure they are well padded on all sides. For moving companies Auckland wide ask for Smart Express the Smart Move!
- CDs, games, DVDs etc should be packed in purpose made boxes. The same goes for any vinyl records you still have. Mark the boxes Fragile.
- Make sure ornaments and other small fragile items are well-protected with plenty of cushioning and packed separately in ornament boxes. Wrap first in tissue paper, then pad out with wrapping paper.
- Smart Express Moving Company service can order boxes, bubble wrap and packaging and we recommend our storage partners Kiwi Storage, National Mini, Panmure Self Storage and Storage King in Auckland.