Following the Government’s latest announcement, on Friday 5 March, the Auckland region is now at alert level 2, after seven days of level 3 lockdown. Please refer to our latest COVID-19 guidelines below, for Alert Level 2.
From 6 am 7 March 2021, the Auckland regional border was re-opened. All Aucklanders are free to return to work and school, eat out at restaurants and move outside their bubbles. Smart Express Tauranga and Hamilton outside Auckland will be open as normal.
The below information outlines our Covid-19 guidelines and procedures for all deliveries under Covid 19 Alert Level 2. Effective from 6am 7 March 2021, following the latest Government guidance announcement.
Additional steps to ensure the safety of you, your teams and your customers.
- We will not be requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of any delivery job. We will either record the full name of the person we have moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Any customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and or credit card via non contact methods).
- All our moving and delivery vehicles carry hand sanitizers and wipes. All our moving and delivery teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks and handles, at the beginning and end of each delivery.
- At all times our staff will be practicing social distancing and will avoid any direct contact with customers.
- For the safety of all concerned, our moving teams will continue to wear PPE when completing deliveries and moves into Retirement Homes and Villages.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures. After all, we are in this together and there is still evidence of COVID-19 in our community.