Following the Government’s latest announcement, on Friday 5 March, the Auckland region is now at alert level 2, after seven days of level 3 lockdown. Please refer to our latest COVID-19 guidelines below, for Alert Level 2.
From 6 am 7 March 2021, the Auckland regional border was re-opened. All Aucklanders are free to return to work and school, eat out at restaurants and move outside their bubbles. Smart Express Tauranga and Hamilton outside Auckland will be open as normal.
The below information outlines our Covid-19 guidelines and procedures for all deliveries under Covid 19 Alert Level 2. Effective from 6am 7 March 2021, following the latest Government guidance announcement.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes the basic requirements that we are all now very familiar with:
- All Smart Express staff including, house moving, packing and cleaning teams, have been briefed and are regularly reminded on observing social distancing and all required hygiene practices.
- We have reminded all Smart Express teams to stop and minimise the touching of their faces per the MOH guidelines. And to avoid all customer contact while completing their work, and to use contactless payment methods.
- We have also reminded the “responsible coughing etiquette” per MOH recommendations on good coughing etiquette and to practice social distancing at all time during a home move.
- We have reminded all Smart express staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they must not undertake any work. And stay at home and they should seek medical advice to get a PCR test immediately.
Additional steps for completing House and Apartment moves under Alert Level 2.
- All our moving and delivery vehicles carry hand sanitizers and wipes. All Smart Express movers have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks & handles at the beginning and end of each house move.
- We ask all customers at the time of booking, and then again on the day prior to the move, to confirm that neither they, nor any other occupant of the home, are in a state of self isolation. As a result of a perceived or possible Covid-19 symptoms. Where this is the case, we will take additional precautions, but may also choose to delay the move if we feel that is the right action.
- We will not require customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of any job. We will either record the full name of the person we have moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and or credit card via non contact methods).
- We will avoid any direct contact with customers.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community following the latest Government action.