This is our latest COVID-19 update following the Government’s announcement yesterday that NZ will move to Alert Level 2 at 11.59pm on Wednesday 13 May.
Like many businesses and New Zealanders, we are delighted at yesterday’s announcement. To echo our Prime Minister, NZ is not entirely out of the woods yet. We must continue to practice good hygiene and safety measures.
This update sets out the steps and processes that Smart Express Moving & delivery will be taking while operating at Alert level 2.
Key steps to keeping you safe;
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitizers and/ or wipes and our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks & handles at the beginning and end of each house move and/or delivery.
- We will be not requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job We will either record the full name of the person we’ve moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods).
- While the Ministry of Health guidelines do not require our teams to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at Level 2, if any customer is particularly concerned about their own safety, we are happy to wear PPE ( Gloves and masks). Where requested, a safety compliance fee will be applied to cover the costs of Personal Protective equipment.
- Standard van delivery $4 per delivery
- 2 man team House Move $15.00
- 3 man team House Move $20.00
- Our moving teams will continue wear PPE when completing deliveries and/ or moves into Retirement Homes and Villages for the safety of all concerned.
The basis steps will naturally continue to be observed;
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be observed by our teams, this includes the following;
- All staff, including our delivery teams, have been briefed on observing social distancing practices. (Social distancing means keeping at a distance that reduces potential for transfer of germs – keeping at least a 1.5m distance is recommended).
- We’ve also reiterated the “responsible coughing etiquette” per Ministry recommendation on good coughing etiquette.
- We’ve reminded the teams to stop/ minimise the touching of their faces per the MOH guidelines and to ensure there is no physical customer contact.
- We’ve instructed staff that if they feel unwell then they should stay away from work.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures. After all, we are in this together. Thank you.