COVID-19 Level 3 Update. These guidelines have been updated and reissued to reflect the announcement made last night 27 Feb 2021. Regarding the re-introduction of Alert level 3 for Auckland and Alert level 2 for the rest of NZ. Effective at 6.00 am from 28 February 2021.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community. With this latest Government action which comes into effect at 6.00am 28 February 2021. We take this responsibility seriously on behalf of our staff and our contractors, and to all of our customers. This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for completing house and apartment moves under Covid-19 Alert Level 3.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes the basic requirements that we are all now very familiar with:
- All staff including, House Moving, Packing and House Cleaning teams, have been briefed. And are regularly reminded on observing social distancing and all required hygiene practices.
- We have reminded the teams to stop/minimise the touching of their faces per the MOH guidelines and to avoid all customer contact while completing their work, including moving to contact payment methods.
- We have also reminded the “responsible coughing etiquette” per Ministry recommendations on good coughing etiquette.
- We have also instructed staff that if they feel unwell then they must not undertake any deliveries or moves.
Additional steps for completing House and Apartment moves under Alert Level 3:
- All our moving and delivery vehicles carry hand sanitizers and or wipes. We have instructed our moving and delivery teams to wipe their hands, all cabin usage areas, and door locks and handles at the beginning and end of each house move or home delivery.
- The Ministry of Health guidelines indicate that services such as ours (like tradespeople in people’s homes) are not required to wear full PPE. However, Smart Express staff will wear masks and gloves at all times when requested by any Customer.
- We ask all our customers, at the time of booking, and then again on the day prior to the move, to confirm that neither they, nor any other occupant of the house are in a state of self isolation as a result of a perceived or possible Covid 19 symptoms. Where this is the case, we will take additional precautions, and may also choose to delay the move if we feel that is the right action to take.
- We will not be requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job. We will either record the full name of the person we have moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods). As a result of this, prepayment of 50% of the expected move cost may be required in some circumstances.
- We will seek to minimise all direct contact with customers.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures. After all, we are in this together and there is still evidence of COVID-19 in our community.