These guidelines have been updated to reflect the latest move by the Government to set New Zealand to the Orange setting per the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light) system.
This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for deliveries under the current Orange Setting for New Zealand as defined by the Government.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community and we take our responsibilities seriously.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams.
All staff, including our delivery teams, have been re-briefed on the guidelines including:
- Masks will be worn at all times inside the customer’s home In accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Observing all required hygiene practises around hand washing / sanitising and keeping surfaces clean.
- To practice social distancing at all times.
- We have reminded all staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they must not undertake any delivery work, and they should seek medical advice and get a test immediately.
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitisers and/ or wipes, and our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, door locks and handles at the beginning and end of each home delivery.
- We will not require any customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm proof of delivery. We will either record the name of the person we’ve delivered to, noting the time of delivery within our system or take a photo as proof of delivery.
- Any customer payments will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card/eftpos card via non contact methods).
- We will avoid all direct contact with customers.
- All our Vehicles operate with GPS for accurate location tracing and our business systems record the customer and locations we have been to.
- All staff who are operating in the field are required to sign in daily to our Health & Safety app which confirms all staff are aware of their obligations, have not been in contact with any possible Covid contacts, and that they are fit to undertake work.
Pickup and delivery processes include the following:
- Pick-up and delivery will be contactless
- Delivery will be into the home, providing that the customer observes the accepted social 2m distancing protocol
- On arrival at your premises (warehouse / retail store), we will maintain distance from any individual by a minimum 2 metres.
- We will phone the store / relevant customer in advance to notify them of our arrival at both the pick-up and delivery.
- If the retail store / warehouse has additional specific safety and Covid related guidelines at the pickup site, these will be followed.
- On arrival we will make the store person aware of what is to be picked up and wait for them to identify / point to the consignment to be uplifted.
- The Smart Express teams will check the order against paperwork and job description, load and sign off the order by using a photograph to avoid unnecessary contact
- A Safety compliance fee of $1.80 will be applied to each delivery
Thank you for your ongoing support through this ever changing environment.
If you need any assistance or clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact the Smart Express office on 09 22 22 555.
- Private Individuals and non account holders email@example.com
- For commercial business and account holders firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community as we again go hard and go early.
Thank you, once again.
The Team at Smart Express Movers
Auckland – Tauranga – Hamilton
Phone 7 Days 7am-7pm.
Our moving and delivery professionals have many years of experience. There is no job we cannot help you with. We have a large fleet of delivery vans and moving trucks. All fully equipped to transport and protect your customer deliveries.