Following the move to the Alert Level 3 yesterday and the imminent move to Alert Level 4. Smart Express Moving & Delivery wishes to advise the following in relation to both current and future bookings.
Existing bookings made for days pre the shutdown (Midnight, 25 Wednesday March 2020)
- All deliveries and house moves booked for today and tomorrow March 24/ 25 will be completed as scheduled unless you as the customer asks us not to do so.
- Our delivery and house moving teams will continue to follow the advice of the Ministry of Health. For our customer delivery guidelines are, click here.
- We ask for your patience if there is any delay in our service today. Our teams are working very hard under trying circumstances.
New bookings for today and tomorrow
- Unfortunately, we are unable to undertake any new bookings for today or tomorrow. We regret to advise our fleet is at full capacity meeting existing commitments.
Future bookings/house moves after the NZ shutdown at midnight Wednesday
We know that many customers are seeking clarity of whether house moves can still be completed post the shutdown, particularly those with a property settlement attached.
At this point we cannot confirm. We note the following;
- While Transport is deemed essential, it is unlikely to extend to house moves.
- We are awaiting final advice from the Government, via our national body, The Road Carriers Association.
- We expect advice on this later this morning and will update our website immediately thereafter.
- We do suggest, you start considering what Plan B looks like for you should your scheduled move not be able to go ahead.
- The link below provides the latest advice on essential services. https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/#essential-businesses
We will contact you if you have a future booking
The management and staff at Smart Express fully appreciate the impact these circumstances may have on its customers. Our phones became overloaded yesterday and we expect that will be the case again today.
Please be patient with us, we will be in contact with all customers with future bookings as soon as we have the information, we need to confirm what we are able to do. Please stand by your email that has been used for your upcoming booking. We expect to update you later today regarding your booking. These are trying times for us all. Thank you for your patience and continued support at this time.