This is our latest COVID-19 update following the Government’s announcement yesterday that NZ will move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59am on Monday April 27.
This news will be welcomed by many businesses and individuals across the country.
Of particular relief, will be to those individuals and families who have had a house move, or property settlement put on hold due to the Level 4 restrictions, and associated inability to move homes during this period.
Auckland’s top rated Moving and Delivery specialist is delighted to advise that we can commence house moves across the Auckland and Bay of Plenty regions.
As the Prime Minister says, we’re not out of the woods yet so there will be some additional precautions that we all need to take ensure there is no unnecessary risk of spreading COVID-19 and that the safety and well-being of our customers is at forefront of our procedures.
If you need to get moving soon, we suggest you get moving and make your booking today.
The processes and guidelines we will be observing through all house and apartment moves are below. For your safety and that of our moving and delivery teams we ask that you note the details below.
Additional steps for completing House and Apartment moves under Alert Level 3.
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitisers and or wipes. We have instructed our teams to wipe their hands, vehicle cabin usage areas, door locks and door handles at the beginning and end of each house move.
- The Ministry of Health guidelines indicate that services such as ours (like tradespeople in people’s homes) are not required to wear PPE equipment. However, Smart Express Movers will require all moving teams to wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Including masks and gloves at all times during house moves.
- This requirement is for your safety and for the safety of our teams.
- Smart Express can also supply house move customers with your own masks and gloves for additional safety and assurance at the nominal fee of $20 per person.
- We ask all customers, at the time of booking, and then again on the day prior to the move, to confirm that neither they, nor any other occupant of the house, are in a state of self-isolation. As a result of a perceived or possible COVID-19 symptoms. Where this is the case, we will take additional precautions. We may also choose to delay the move if we feel that is the right precaution.
- We will be not requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job. We will record the full name of the person we’ve moved. Clearly noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non-contact methods). As a result of this, prepayment of up to 50% of the expected move cost may be required in some circumstances.
- We will seek to minimise all direct contact with customers.
Customer acknowledgement and agreement to our guidelines and safety procedures.
We do ask that all customers respect policies that we have put in place to reduce the risk of possible spread of COVID-19 in completing your house move.
Best of luck with your move, we know that moving can be stressful at any time, and the current situation only adds to this. Please be assured our teams will do the best they can to make your move as stress free as possible.