Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community.
In our delivery business, we come into contact with a large number homes and their occupants each day along with numerous retail stores and warehouse facilities. We take this seriously on behalf of our staff, our contractors and to our end customers.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be observed by our teams, this includes the following;
- All staff, including our delivery teams, have been briefed on observing social distancing practices. (Social distancing means keeping at a distance that reduces potential for transfer of germs – keeping at least a 1.5 m distance is recommended.)
- We’ve also explained the “responsible coughing etiquette”. per Ministry recommendation on good coughing etiquette.
- We’ve reminded the teams to stop/ minimise the touching of their faces per the MOH guidelines and to avoid all customer contact including handshakes.
- We’ve also instructed staff that if they feel unwell then they should stay away from work.
In addition to the above guidelines will we also;
- Ensuring all our vehicles not only carry hand sanitizers and/ or wipes, but we have instructed our delivery teams use disposable wipe their hands at the beginning and end of each home delivery.
- We will also be taking the step of asking all customers, (at the time of booking/ delivery time confirmation), to confirm that neither they, nor any other occupant of the house, are in a state of self isolation due to the 14 day overseas travel stand down period. Where this is the case, we will take all the additional precautions per min of health guidelines. We recognise that ‘self isolation’ is a necessary part of reducing the spread of the virus and collectively we must manage such situations as and when they arise.
- We will no longer be requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm proof of delivery. We will either record the full name of the person we’ve delivered to, noting the time of delivery within our system or take a photo as proof of delivery and means of reducing physical contact.
- We will minimize any direct customer contact including requesting customers use their own pens to contact our eftpos terminals when making payments transactions.
- We will regularly sanitise our eftpos terminals throughout the day as outlined by Eftpos NZ.
We will continue to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines and all other practical steps we can take to ensure the health and safety of our staff, and you, our customers.
The situation is developing and is likely to change regularly. If things do change that require a different approach, we will update our procedures and guidelines the earliest opportunity.
We thank our customers for their continued support at this and simply ask that we all take the practical steps to ensure each other safety and well being.
National Sales and Services Manager
Smart Express Moving and Delivery
021 158 7754