Our Packing Guide is full of top tips to help take the stress out of packing. We have divided the guide up by room for easy reference.
Advice and packing tips by Smart Express bedroom furniture movers
Make sure you talk to us about any packing advice for your next move!
Packing Tips #2 – Bedrooms
- Quilts, pillows, light/bulky Items will be best strapped with handywrap and then packed in extra large boxes. If you have small fragile items, you can pack a few in between the pillows for extra protection – just don’t forget they are there! Contact Smart Express Bedroom Furniture Movers.
- Take the bedframe to pieces. Secure the pieces together with handywrap & keep all nuts and bolts together in a self seal bag. Be sure to label the pieces so you know how to reassemble it at the other end!
- Protect your mattress with a mattress cover or large sheets of plastic. You may want to cover them just before you walk out the door – the plastic may make it difficult to move downstairs or around awkward corners in your home. Contact Smart Express Bedroom Furniture Movers.
- Dresses, coats, suits and anything else that normally lives on a hanger will travel best in a wardrobe box just move the hangers straight into the box. Shoes can be packed in the bottom. The beauty of wardrobe boxes is that they can be used at your destination for temporary wardrobe storage. Clothing in drawers should be packed in suitcases or suitcase boxes, which can hold a lot of clothes without making the box too heavy. Contact Smart Express Bedroom Furniture Movers.
- Put curtain rails and blinds in a protective bag and secure with handywrap. Contact Smart Express Bedroom Furniture Movers.
- Dressers – Fill drawers with small breakable items and cushion well with loose clothes.
- Secure drawers with pad or blanket and tape. Do not overload drawers with heavy items.
- Use only book boxes for books — they get very heavy, very fast. You can use small paperbacks to fill the sides of the box if there is extra space. Lay the books flat inside the box and alternate bindings to prevent spine damage. Contact Smart Express Bedroom Furniture Movers.
- Valuables – Set aside jewellery, important papers and safe deposit box contents to be packed in a small container you can keep with you throughout the move.
- Smart Express Moving Company service can order boxes, bubble wrap and packaging and we recommend our storage partners Kiwi Storage, National Mini, Panmure Self Storage and Storage King in Auckland.
Oops! We could not locate your form.