These guidelines have been updated to reflect the latest move by the Government to set New Zealand to the Orange setting per the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light) system.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We take this responsibility seriously. This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for completing house and apartment moves at the Orange setting.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes the basic requirements that we are all now very familiar with:
All packing, house cleaning and house moving teams, have been briefed and are regularly reminded on observing those healthy habits listed at covid19.govt.nz under the Orange setting namely;
- Regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Keep your distance from people you do not know.
- Clean or disinfect shared surfaces often.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get a test.
Additional steps for completing House and Apartment moves at the Orange setting:
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitizers and/ or wipes.
- Masks will be worn inside the customer’s home if requested to do so by the customer.
- We will not require customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job. We will either record the full name of the person we’ve moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the items in situ as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods). As a result of this, prepayment of 50% of the expected move cost may be required in some circumstances.
- We will avoid any direct contact with customers.
Thank you for your ongoing support through this ever changing environment.
If you need to make contact or have a question please email us at:
- Private Individuals and non account holders firstname.lastname@example.org
- For commercial business and account holders email@example.com
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community as we again go hard and go early.
Thank you, once again.
The Team at Smart Express Movers
Auckland – Tauranga – Hamilton
Operating 7 Days 7am-7pm.
Please be assured that while we are not able to do any non essential deliveries, we are here to help those in genuine need. We can help you make a booking and arrangements for after the lockdown has been lifted. Best wishes to you over the coming days.