These guidelines have been updated to reflect the latest announcement made at 1pm on 24 September 2021 regarding the deliveries during Alert level 3 with the Auckland region.
This change confirms that deliveries can now be undertaken providing Smart Express and it’s customers observe the required guidelines and requirements set down by MBIE.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community and we take our responsibilities seriously.
This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for deliveries under Covid 19 Alert Level as defined by the Government.
We have been here before and our team is practiced at operating with the correct levels of safety for all concerned.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams.
All staff, including our delivery teams, have been re-briefed on the guidelines including:
- Masks will be worn at all times inside the customer’s home In accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Observe all the required hygiene practices around hand washing / sanitising and keeping surfaces clean.
- To practice social distancing at all times.
- We have reminded all staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they must not undertake any delivery work, and they should seek medical advice and get a test immediately.
- The Ministry of Health guidelines indicate that services such as ours, (similar to tradespeople working in customer’s homes) are not required to wear PPE providing that social distancing is observed, and that this is agreed to in advance by the customer. Smart Express will endeavour to wear the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) at all practical times during the pick and delivery process.
- If any customer requests us to wear PPE gear we will meet their request.
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitisers and/ or wipes, and our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, door locks and handles at the beginning and end of each home delivery.
- We will not require any customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm proof of delivery. We will either record the name of the person we’ve delivered to, noting the time of delivery within our system or take a photo as proof of delivery.
- Any customer payments will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card/eftpos card via non contact methods).
- We will seek minimise all direct contact with customers.
- All our Vehicles operate with GPS for accurate location tracing and our business systems record the customer and locations we have been to.
- All staff who are operating in the field are required to sign in daily to our Health & Safety app which confirms all staff are aware of their obligations, have not been in contact with any possible Covid contacts, and that they are fit to undertake work.
Pickup and delivery processes include the following:
- Pick-up and delivery will be contactless.
- Delivery will be into the home, providing that the customer observes the accepted social distancing protocol.
- On arrival at your premises (warehouse / retail store), we will maintain distance from any individual by a minimum 2 metres.
- We will phone the store / relevant customer in advance to notify them of our arrival at both the pick-up and delivery.
- If the retail store / warehouse has additional specific safety and Covid related guidelines at the pickup site, these will be followed.
- On arrival we will make the store person aware of what is to be picked up and wait for them to identify / point to the consignment to be uplifted.
- The Smart Express teams will check the order against paperwork and job description, load and sign off the order by using a photograph to avoid unnecessary contact.
- A Safety compliance fee of $1.80 will be applied to each delivery.
If you need to make contact or have a question please email us at:
- Private Individuals and non account holders email@example.com
- For commercial business and account holders firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community as we again go hard and go early.
Thank you, once again.
The Team at Smart Express Movers
Auckland – Tauranga – Hamilton
Operating 7 Days 7am-7pm.
Please be assured that while we are not able to do any non essential deliveries, we are here to help those in genuine need. We can help you make a booking and arrangements for after the lockdown has been lifted. Best wishes to you over the coming days.