These guidelines have been updated to reflect the latest announcement made at 1pm on 24 September 2021 regarding the deliveries during Alert level 3 with the Auckland region.
This change confirms that Smart Express House Moves can now be undertaken providing Smart Express Movers and it’s customers observe the required guidelines and requirements set down by MBIE.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We take this responsibility seriously. The information below outlines our guidelines and procedures for completing house and apartment moves during Covid 19 Alert Level 3.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes the basic requirements that we are all now very familiar with:
- Masks will be worn at all times inside the customer’s home In accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- All staff, packing, house cleaning and house moving teams, have been briefed and are regularly reminded on observing social distancing and all required hygiene practices.
- We’ve reminded the teams to stop/minimise the touching of their faces per the MOH guidelines and to avoid all customer contact while completing their work including moving to contactless payment methods.
- We’ve also instructed staff that if they feel unwell then they should not undertake any deliveries or moves.
Additional steps for completing House and Apartment moves under Alert Level 3
- All our vehicles not only carry hand sanitizers and/ or wipes, but we have instructed our teams to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks & handles at the beginning and end of each house move.
- While the Ministry of Health guidelines indicate that services such as ours (like tradespeople in people’s homes) are not required to wear full PPE, Smart Express Moving and Delivery will where practicable, wear masks at all times during the house move if requested by the Customer & observe social distancing protocols. If it is not practicable to wear masks then social distancing protocol will apply on the agreement of both parties. If such agreement can not be reached then the move will be rescheduled to such a time that Level 3 restrictions do not apply.
- We ask all customers, at the time of booking, and then again on the day prior to the move, to confirm that neither they, nor any other occupant of the house, are in a state of self isolation as a result of a perceived or possible Covid 19 symptoms, we may choose to delay the move if we feel that is the right action.
- We will not require customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job . We will either record the full name of the person we’ve moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the items in situ as proof of service completion.
- Customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods). As a result of this, prepayment of 50% of the expected move cost may be required in some circumstances.
- We will avoid any direct contact with customers.
Please Note : A Safety compliance fee of $15 per house move will be applied. This charge is not only to cover the costs of masks but covers the costs of all material, santisers ect and the time to carry out the time required to hygiene steps to keep all involved safe. If the customers agree that masks are not required, the fee is still applicable.
If you need to make contact or have a question please email us at:
- Private Individuals and non account holders firstname.lastname@example.org
- For commercial business and account holders email@example.com
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community as we again go hard and go early.
Thank you, once again.
The Team at Smart Express Movers
Auckland – Tauranga – Hamilton
Operating 7 Days 7am-7pm.
Please be assured that while we are not able to do any non essential deliveries, we are here to help those in genuine need. We can help you make a booking and arrangements for after the lockdown has been lifted. Best wishes to you over the coming days.