Smart Express has many impressive employees in our ranks. Coming from large companies such as DHL, CourierPost, Fairfax Media and Price Waterhouse.
The Employee Spotlight series aims to highlight all our talented individuals who work here. Each month, we’ll be featuring an interview here on the Blog and on our social media.
In this month’s Employee Spotlight, we feature our Dispatch & Operations Controller, Dan Raman.
How did you hear about Smart Express? Why did you want to work here?
- Devan visited my store when I was store manager at PK furniture. He introduced himself and told me about Smart Express and what they were all about. I could see the value and started using Smart Express for my store deliveries. I moved on to Big Save Furniture as manager for the Pukekohe store but was still in contact with Devan. I was very interested in being an owner driver with Smart Express so when Big Save Furniture closed their Pukekohe store, I called Devan to see if there was any role at Smart Express. He got me to come for an interview with Nick and Susan and the rest is history. It will be 5 years on May 4th, 2020.
What’s your favorite part of your job?
- Providing a solution for customers, drivers and the office team.
What was your favorite class in school that you feel like you’ve used at work?
- My economics class taught me it’s all about supply and demand. If you can meet the demand of your customers, you will always be top of mind. Right people, right price, right product & right place.
What’s the best thing you’ve learned on the job?
- Another language (India Hindi and a bit of Punjabi) helps me communicate with drivers and customers. What drivers face on the road as I have also been hands on in the company van.
What’s your workspace aesthetic like? Minimalist? Homey? Neat?
- Neat and tidy always clean. l love my office plant, always look after it and make sure it’s looking fabulous and growing well.
What’s the first thing you do when you get to work each morning?
- Clean my desk, water my plant and start looking at how the drivers are tracking.
You need to put your head down and get some work done asap. Do you have a go-to song?
- My go to song is Kingston town by Ub40.
What’s your go-to lunch?
- Beef stir fry.
What’s your favorite thing to do to relax when you get home each night?
- Grooming my cars and spending time in the garden (plus squeeze in a walk every so often).
If you’d like to read more about our Smart Express Movers Team click here.
Contact Smart Express Moving and Delivery.
To make an enquiry and to get a fast quote call 09-570 2363 Monday to Sunday 7:00am to 7:00pm.
CALL 09-570 2363
CALL 07-22 20 555
Cheaper delivery rates for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!
We are open 7 Days 7 am to 7 pm, except Christmas Day and New Years Day!