Smart Express has many impressive employees in our ranks. Coming from large companies such as DHL, CourierPost, Fairfax Media and Price Waterhouse.
The Employee Spotlight series aims to highlight all our talented individuals who work here. Each month, we’ll be featuring an interview here on the Blog and on our social media.
In this month’s Employee Spotlight, we feature our Sales Manager, Mark Ross.
How did you hear about Smart Express? Why did you want to work here?
- After a long career in media sales management I was in need of a change. A role that encompassed both sales and sales operations (customer services) in an entirely different industry really appealed to me. I saw the Smart Express ad, applied and here I am almost 12 months on and I’m absolutely loving it!
What’s your favorite part of your job?
- Tough question, focusing on processes that make things more efficient and ultimately better for our customers is what really drives me. The most favourite part is reading all the positive customer reviews about our hard working guys in the field.
What was your favorite class in school that you feel like you’ve used at work?
- That’s way too long ago to remember. Probably Maths.
What’s the best thing you’ve learned on the job?
- If you really look after your customers, you do what you say you will. This is the expected Smart Express service standard. Making sure our customers become raving fans.
What’s your workspace aesthetic like? Minimalist? Homey? Neat?
- A productive busy workspace, however I do prefer tidy over messy.
What’s the first thing you do when you get to work each morning?
- Trick question? Unlock the door and turn off the alarm! I’m always the first to arrive at 7.30 am!
You need to put your head down and get some work done asap. Do you have a go-to song?
- Anything from the extensive back catalogue from Pearl Jam.
What’s your go-to lunch?
- Homemade Chicken Salad.
What’s your favorite thing to do to relax when you get home each night?
- A walk or run.
If you’d like to read more about our Smart Express Movers Team click here.
Contact Smart Express Moving and Delivery.
To make an enquiry and to get a fast quote call 09-570 2363 Monday to Sunday 7:00am to 7:00pm.
CALL 09-570 2363
CALL 07-22 20 555
Cheaper delivery rates for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!
We are open 7 Days 7 am to 7 pm, except Christmas Day and New Years Day!