THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER VACANT.
- Job listing date: 28 April 2022
- Applications close: 31 May 2022
- Start date: June 2022
- Full-time: Mid-Senior level
- Location: Penrose, Auckland
- 51-100 employees: Moving Company
About the Company & Culture:
Smart Express is Auckland’s Number 1 furniture moving and delivery company as rated by Trademe with a fleet of over 35 vehicles and expanding operations in both Hamilton and Tauranga. Our focus is providing the highest standards of service to our customers offering delivery and transport solutions to our commercial, retail and residential customers. Our Google review profile is the envy of every other transport and logistics company. In August 2020, we were crowned “Best of the Best” for Excellence in Customer Service Delivery in the Auckland Westpac Business Awards. We take pride in what we do.
About the Dispatch Manager role:
Smart Express is looking for their next Fleet and Dispatch Manager due to an internal change. If you want to work in a transport and logistics business where you can make a real difference, and you want to be part of a fast growing and developing company, then this could be the role for you.
We need someone who has a passion for maximising efficiency, getting things right the first time, and with the desire and ability to work with upwards of 30 owner drivers and their teams to ensure the business delivers outstanding service to our customer base.
This role is challenging and rewarding – it is a fast paced and dynamic environment across the fleet and the office team.
You will be able to juggle multiple tasks, people and deadlines in order to run the day to day operations, while keeping an eye on the longer term strategic goals including fleet capacity management and onboarding new Owner Drivers.
You will have the opportunity to make this area your own while being a key part of the management team. You will thrive on being able to make an important contribution to the ongoing success of the business.
What you will offer Smart Express:
- Experience working with medium to large fleets in an Owner Driver model
- Success in improving route planning to increase efficiency
- You have done your time in dispatch and understand the core principles
- Personal skills to effectively manage and address contractor performance
- Ability to build strong relationships across multiple departments
- Commitment to lead Health and Safety as a priority across the fleet with a sound knowledge of today’s requirements
- Ability to understand the wider business environment and always looking to add value
- A passion for customers and service, from high end commercial businesses to private house moves
- A good blend of action and detail oriented skills
- Can identify opportunities and drive through change
- Well organised with excellent time management skills
Due to the nature of this role you must have experience in transport and/or logistics.
What Smart Express can offer you:
- A competitive salary package
- A supportive team environment
- Training and development
Our Auckland office has an energetic and vibrant feel. The close knit team is always willing to help one another which contributes towards a supportive and friendly atmosphere. We are a company that is continually growing and developing so there are always new opportunities and challenges.
We offer a modern pleasant office environment in a central Auckland location with great motorway access from all directions.
We have a few laughs along the way, but being the best at what we do is our primary focus and this drives our business. If this sounds like you, apply today with your cover letter attached.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the logistics, freight & delivery services industry?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Dispatch Role?
Fleet and Dispatch Manager
Auckland Central – Full-time
Auckland Office Jobs Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
Our moving and delivery professionals have many years of experience. There is no job we cannot help you with. We have a large fleet of delivery vans and moving trucks. All fully equipped to transport and protect your items.